- Types of information collected
DESMOS collects the following types of information from you when you access and use the Website:
- Personal Information
Personal Information refers to information that is provided by you when you subscribe to DESMOS’s newsletter, submit a contact form, make a donation, register as a volunteer, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources DESMOS may make available on the Website; such information may include, indicatively, your name, email, telephone number, payment details, resume.
DESMOS will collect Personal Information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply Personal Information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Website related activities.
DESMOS collects the following types of Personal Information from you in each corresponding case:
When you subscribe to receive the DESMOS newsletter, DESMOS collects the following information about you – your email address.
Registration as a volunteer
When you submit you registration as a volunteer, DESMOS collects the following information about you – your email address, name, phone number, and CV.
When you submit a contact form to DESMOS, DESMOS collects the following information about you – your email address, name, and phone number.
Donations in honor/memory of someone
When you make a donation in honor or memory of someone, DESMOS collects payment and contact information about you, as stated above. DESMOS may also collect, as appropriate, the honoree’s name, as well as the name and email address of other persons that you may indicate. You may create a personal message to the honoree, which is stored on our servers.
- Technical Information & Cookies
Some of the information collected when you visit and take actions on the Website is technical information (“Technical Information”) that is automatically logged through cookies or similar technologies, such as your Internet Protocol address, date and daytime of your visit, the referring URL, time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), HTTP-status code, amount of data transmitted, browser type, operating system and user interface, language and version of browser software, Internet service providers utilized. DESMOS also collects information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
The following types of cookies are used by the Website:
|Stores the current language.
If DESMOS combines Technical Information with Personal Information, it will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- How DESMOS uses Personal Information
DESMOS may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To process your registration;
- To run and operate the Website;
- To serve DESMOS’s purposes, which consist, among others, in connecting donors with appropriate projects, assisting charities in providing support to those in need, and setting up volunteering programs.
- To gather contributions of money and other resources for DESMOS’s purposes.
- To implement fundraising and other projects.
- To process payments, if applicable.
- To provide you with donor support.
- To respond to service requests more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience, such as remembering your name or your preferences.
- To compile aggregate statistics that allow DESMOS to understand how visitors use the Website and its resources, and to make improvements in design and content to better serve you.
- To improve the Website by using feedback you provide.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other feature for DESMOS.
- To send you periodic emails and/or communicate with you otherwise in relation to your donation(s) and other aspects of the services provided through the Website, as well as in relation to DESMOS’s activities, news, updates and services.
- To notify you of any changes to the Website, respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
DESMOS may retain your Personal Information for up to 10 years from the time you submit said Information on the Website.
- Sharing of Personal Information
Except for the purposes and to the extent outlined herein, DESMOS will not sell, trade, rent, make public or in any way exploit your Personal Information.
DESMOS may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person, with its partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers.
DESMOS will share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- When you make a donation in honor or memory of someone, DESMOS may share your name and contact information with the persons that you may indicate or with the person initiating the fund drive.
- If it is required by law, a court order or any other government or regulatory authority;
- If DESMOS determines that disclosure is needed to protect DESMOS’s privacy, security, safety, integrity or property, or the privacy, security, safety, integrity or property of another person.
DESMOS may transfer to, store and use your Personal Information, for troubleshooting, user support, usage tracking and data storage purposes, in any country where DESMOS’s third-party service providers are based, even countries outside of the European Economic Area, which may have lower levels of data protection from those applicable in the European Economic Area.
- Reviewing your Personal Information on the Website
You can review, update, modify or delete your Personal Information at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from DESMOS communications at any time by sending an unsubscribe email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may object to the use of any Personal Information for certain purposes in accordance with applicable law. You may also request from DESMOS to provide you with your Personal Information in a copy or in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable electronic format and to transmit such information to a third party pursuant to your instructions.
- Objecting to use of your Personal Information
If you do not wish your Personal Information to be used by DESMOS as described herein, you may send an email to DESMOS (contact person: Lilly Papagianni) at the following address email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 10 days. If you object to DESMOS’s processing of your Personal Information, such objection will not affect the lawfulness of the use of your Personal Information up to that time.
- How DESMOS protects your Personal Information
DESMOS adopts appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information, username, password, transaction information and other data stored on the Website from unauthorized or unlawful use and accidental loss or damage and to provide a level of data protection that meets the requirements of applicable law. You reserve the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority regarding the use of your Personal Information.
- Third-party websites
- Contacting DESMOS